VerveEarth


Sunday, September 17, 2006

VaRiOuS mOMeNtS

Hello~!!
I've got so many things to talk about today....
So dokokara hanaseba iinoka wakaranai...!(I just don't know where to start.)

Okay...I'll start with my school thing because it made me sooo nervous today. Can you guess what I was worried about? It's my academic grade! Yuiko told me that we can check the grades on AGU website while we were chatting on MSN. I didn't intend to check it out before the vacation comes to an end but the fact that I already can see it really bugged me...so I ended up logging on to AGU website. I always get nervous to see it even though I've done nothing wrong. Looking at it makes me feel like my whole body is becoming a pounding heart! Anyway, I was so relieved to find that I did well at my school...Haaa yokatta.

Now I'm going to talk about FUN things! As you know, I really had a good time chatting with some of the participants of AGU in America 2006. It made me feel as if we were still in Maryland! After Nina left the chat room, the rest of us started talking about ODEN. ODEN is a popular Japanese hot pot, which includes daikon radish, hanpen(fish cakes), chikuwa(fish cakes), boilled eggs, konnyaku(yam cake), and so on. Someone suddenly said, "I want to eat Oden now" in the chat room. Then all of us talked about favorite ingredients. Talking about something delicious like Oden (especially at night) made me want to go and buy some! So, I've wanted to eat Oden so much since I enjoyed talking about it on Sep 14.

So...


I went to 7-11 today, and finally I bought some of Oden! The outside of 7-11 stores in Japan look almost the same as the USs', but of course what they sell is completely different because tastes of foods vary from country to country. I took the picture of Oden machine. I hope that the picture helps you imagine what Oden is like, and there were 23 kinds of ingredients at 7-11(Do you see the menu in front of the Oden machine?). Oden is so popular in Japan that you can get Oden at almost every kind of convenience stores in Japan, but I think 7-11 is the best!


This is what I had today. I had a boilled egg, konnyaku(yam cake, it's next to the egg), shirataki(it's kind of a yam cake, and the shape of it is like water which goes down a waterfall), and hanpen(fish cake). All of them are my favorites, so all I could say while eating was "Oishiiii!!!!"(This is so delicious!) Also, the weather in Tokyo was a bit cold today, so eating Oden kept me warm^^ The arrivals of hot foods like Oden makes me realize autumn has come and I really want to enjoy eating them! It even makes me forget the fact that I don't like cold season! Hahaha~^^

See you~!!

4 comments:

Ji Won said...

First of all, omedetou~ for getting good grades in school and good luck on your next semester as well! I know you'll do just fine. ^^

I had oden a couple of days ago when I went out to nomakai (did I say that right?) with my friends. It was good but I'm sure what you had was a lot better than mine since it's original! Reading your post is making me hungry... I think I'm gonna go eat now. ^^ Mata ne~~~

Hiromi said...

Ji Won>
Hi,Oppa~^^

It's yasashii of you to say that I'll do fine at school! Next semester mo ganbari ma-su.^^

I want to try the US version of Oden da yooo! I'm curious if there's any difference... Anyway, itsumo arigatou for leaving comments on my blog nee~~~!

Nina Liakos said...

Congratulations on getting good grades, Hiromi, and thank you for teaching me something about Japan every time I visit your blog! (Oden looks kind of weird to me, but maybe I would like the taste!)

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hi, Nina~!
I hope my next semester will also be a good one! Also, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed getting to know about Japanese culture.(even though I wrote about the foods too much, I guess! Hahaha.^^) I think you will like the taste of Oden!